My name is Silvia Maguire.
I’m a qualified counsellor in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling. My core approach is Person-Centred which purpose is to focus on the client’s difficulties and needs by helping them to find better ways to understand and manage their concerns whilst establishing a collaborative working relationship.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Transactional Analysis (TA) are supporting techniques that I use in therapy depending on the presenting issues.
- BACP Loss, grief and working with end-of-life clients (CPD)
- Treating Generalised Anxiety Disorder GAD and Panic Attacks (CPD)
- Suicide Prevention training.
- Safeguarding Adults at Risk – Level 1 Awareness training.
The areas I mainly work with are:
- Bereavement, loss and grief
- Generalised anxiety, panic attacks and depression
- Low self-confidence, low self-esteem and lack of motivation
- Relationships and attachment issues
- Managing life changes
I currently volunteer for a counselling network as a bereavement counsellor helping people to work through their grief and feelings of loss and change. I’m also a counsellor at MIND in Watford, working with a range of different mental health conditions including ADHD, Asperger’s Syndrome and attachment issues.
I’m a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I’m committed to my continuous personal and professional development.
I run a small private practice from my home in Watford, Hertfordshire. I offer open-ended counselling as well as short-term objective-focus therapy.
Online and telephone counselling are also available.
I can offer counselling sessions in Spanish for Spanish speakers.
My fees are £45 per 50-minutes session.